Blog Post Assignment 4

"But I wasn't out here to keep myself from having to say I am not afraid. I'd come, I realized, to state that fear down, to stare everything down, really-all that is done to myself and all that had been done to me." - Chapter 8 page 122

1. Does this quotation relate to the theme? If so, which theme and how does it relate?

The quotation that I chose relates to the theme of commitment. Throughout the book, Cheryl had to face several different obstacles in her life. For example, Cheryl had to overcome her mother's death of cancer, her abusive father abandoning the family when she was younger, and her marriage turning into a divorce. However, throughout her tough journey, Cheryl stayed strong, brave, and dedicated to overcome her obstacles and to seek her way out of those hard times.


3. Does the quotation indicate conflict? If so, what conflict?

This quotation indicates conflict. Cheryl was not afraid to go through and face the tough events she came upon in her life. However, Cheryl stayed commited and decided that she was not going to be afraid. For the most part, Cheryl dedicated herself to stay commited on her journey, in spite of the hardships. For example, on the journey Cheryl was very cautious of animals, such as bears and snakes throughlout the trail. She also had to conserve the little water she had until she reached her next water source and the lack of use of her stove from her inserting the wrong gas.

Comments

Popular Posts